Saturday, September 08, 2007

Degree or not degree - that is the question

Well, having returned from my overseas trip I now need to make further decisions with my life - what are my future plans.

I am considering starting a degree (p/t - online). Any thoughts???
I've never been to Uni - having done a Public Service Traineeship straight out of school and then straight into the workforce.
I find it hard to consider signing on to something that I would be looking at 6-8 years to complete (but I'd only be around 40 when I finish it, so I suppose I'd still be youngish).

Anyhow - I've been back from holidays for a week now and am settling back into the regular stuff. My hockey team unfortunately lost our game last week which means we miss out on the finals (if' we'd won or even possibly drawn we would have gone through). My bad for being away for so long I guess.

Judith has the lurgy (again) - hopefully one day soon she'll actually be completely healthy.

The cats both missed me (Tanis especially, he's been taking every opportunity to sit on my lap - even when I didn't actually have a lap for him to sit on).

I pickup the expanison for TotalWar Medieval 2 today - YIPPY.

I'll be taking some time this weekend and posting a pictorial log from the trip (and hopefully at least one each weekend for a while - I have lots more to tell about the trip).

1 Comments:

Blogger Jac said...

My experience in returning to study has been very positive. I'm studying full time, on campus. All going well, I'll finish the course before I'm 40, so I will get a good 20 plus years of use out of the qualification. I'm relishing the learning, many of the social interactions and the chance to take my intellect out for a stroll.

I know that financial considerations prevent many people from returning to study in any mode. That's not an issue in my case, but I'd recommend you to go for it - get more edjumakayshun however it works for you.

~celsa

10 September 2007 at 7:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home