Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Pennsic - some photos

Okay

People have been bugging me for some photos - so here you go.

Now - First of all I need to explain Denis the Decadent. He is like the SCA Paparazzi (but more polite). And ends up in many places (including the on the battlefield) with his camera. He is a lovely fellow and provided a conglomeration of photos on cd for me. It's his photos I am using in this post (and probably others in the future).

He took this photo of me at Tarl's 2nd little Pole Arm tournament. It was a huge amount of fun - It would appear that my pole-arm fighting skill is better than I thought - I killed several Knights during the course of this tournament and those that I didn't treated me with extreme caution (and told me so afterwards). Tournament format was 4 "bear-pits" or "King of the hill" fields, with you scoring 1 point for each loss and 2 points for each win. The overall winner earned well in excess of 100 points (in 1 x 60min session and 1 x 30min session. The other nice thing about this tournament was that every fighter got a prize (there were 10 promisarys for a 1hr tutorial training session with 1 of 10 top fighters of the known world (I didn't get one of these)).

Then it was on to War.

Of course, before we could fight a war - it needed to be declared - thus we set off to opening court / war declaration. And I got to be Herald.

So - Then there was the big collection of royalty, down in front of the castle - they made their declarations and then there was War the next day.


So, then we went to war. And finally we started to see Miles smiling. He is a very serious fellow - but he really loves war, get him in a good battle and he grins from ear to ear (as can be seen here).



So, here we are after a great bit of fighting - and Miles is finally smiling.

One of the really noticible things over here was the amount of support from non-combatants.
Once the battle was over you didn't need to move more than a few feet before you were being offered water, gatorade and pickles.
I had an absolute ball.
Now, this next photo was taken during the Field battles - on the 3rd day.

From the left we have Sir Gregory, Miles, Gregor (an honorary Australian after joining with me on the 2nd day to do a "stupid 2 man aussie charge" (which was quite successful) me and Sir Agro.
We fought alongside the Kingdom of the West (led by King Jade) and so now I am (as mentioned before) a Defender of the West - quite a cool title really.
Anyhow - I think this is a good photo to finish with - so bye for now.




Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's better! Photos!

Now mirrored on the Melton Hockey website.

-DevoDave

26 August 2007 at 11:52 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, photos of me smiling are pretty rare. :)

17 July 2011 at 12:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home