Tuesday, July 17, 2007

What are the odds???

Okay, just a quick post.

I´m now in Nuremberg, Germany. Had dinner with Agilmar (corrected) & Anna (great & funny couple).

Last night, decided to plan a relative early night (the festival the night before & all that). Went back to my room, had my shower, waited for Anna to call and then thought I´ll get a quick bite to eat & then bed.

Local restaurant looked a bit stuffy for one so scruffy as me, so went down the road to pizzeria, got a take away pizza (had a cup of tea whilst I was waiting - not so common in Italy)).

Pizza in hand I decided that it might be nice to head down to the waterfront and watch the activity on the Lagoon whilst I ate my dinner.

I get down there and oops, disturbed a girl who had the same idea. I said sorry & she celebrated finding another aussie. Yet, not only is she from Australia, but Ivanhoe, Melbourne (less than 25 kms from where I live in Australia). She´s been travelling for over a month already in Spain, so we spent about 1.5hrs just chatting & exchanging stories about "those europeans". We headed back to the hotel (she was staying in the same one). I showed her my SCA armour (cause of course I´d mentioned it) and she left to go to her room (introducing herself as the last thing she did and I promptly forgot it). I went on to the balcony to read whilst having a drink (iced tea) and she came down a minute later - her partner had left a note on the bed advising he was out looking for her (but had his mobile with him). She called & he came back.

But what are the odds - 2 aussies on the same place with the same idea, half a world away from home.

Cheers

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

;) It's Agilmar. Arnulf lives in Vienna with his wife Karin. Hope you had fun today!

17 July 2007 at 6:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home