Monday, July 09, 2007

Europe at last

Well - I have arrived safely in Europe.

Sitting in the airport lounge got to chat with this very interesting old fellow who was travelling to Africa (can't remember which country) via London. His was an interesting view on Europe (having done it many times).

First stop on my trip was Bangkok. It is a huge airport & walking around to see what was there took up the first of 7 hours that I had to spend, waiting for my connecting flight.

Solution to so much time on my hands - pamper myself.
1hr thai massage - break for tea & breakfast.
1hr foot massage followed by a shower & 45 mins oil massage.

Then - leave for Europe proper.

Flying past the Himalayas I gave Judith a call (from the airplane).
(If you look on the photo to the right, its the white running out from the 2nd plane "bit" up from the bottom - that is not cloud my friends but snow on very tall mountains (trust me)).

Munich airport - not a lot of time to spend between getting off one flight & travelling on to Naples.

Naples airport - so small I almost missed it. I picked up luggage, walked past the slightly interested customs official and walked out doors that I suddenly realised led to the outside world - no passport control. So unexpected I almost walked back.

Rebecca & Matt picked me up & after an interesting trip to their place (highlighting the poor driving (indicators, road lines & signs are treated as advisory rather than compulsory) of the Italians as well as the rubbish problems of Naples (Mob involvement apparently has led to non-regular rubbish pickup so rubbish is just dumped on the roadside).

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home