Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Life update & help needed with planning childrens quest

Hi there

Sorry - been very quiet on here - I do apologise.

Okay - update on Life.

November Crown
I went to Innilgard last November and was one of 11 fighters that took the field to fight for the Crown of Lochac.
Only 1 Knight out of 11 fighters.
I came 3rd.
With a Glaive.
A very, valiant effort, even if I do say so myself. There were a number of people watching me enter a semi-final, considering that I could well be the next King.
I lost to Sir Phillipe - however I suspect I took most of what he had left, for he lost the final Theuderic, who has since been crowned King (he was my main concern on entering the tournament - with proven good reason obviously).
On the Sunday morning, the King at the time invited me to take up the role of his Champion (as Theuderic had abandoned the role in becoming Prince).
I took the field that day in the Rose Tournament, had a brilliant day fighting and was declared winner of the day by popular opinion.
My fighting has finally reached those heights I knew I could reach.

There followed at the start of December William Marshal Tournament & Feast.
Tournament went well - my fighting was still at the heights I reached at Crown Tourney - it wasn't just a fluke.
Feast also went well. Great food courtesy of Baroness Gwir & her staff (again, as always).

Xmas came & went - relatively quiet & peaceful.
New Year Eve - Games & BBQ at Dave & Kylies - good fun night with friends.

Then Stormhold hosted the Surveying Expedition on the Australia Day Weekend - great event at Ava's farm in Napoleon, Victoria (just south of Ballarat).

Now I find myself thinking ahead to Festival.

Should I run another Childrens Quest - I think I should but am having trouble putting together a plot - Not sure if we have time to put into more Baldrics for a Queens Militia (and that really works best with Yolande as Queen I think).

Any ideas more than welcome - let me know. Write here or email me.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home