Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thinking of new armour, and Crown...

Hey guys.

At Spring War, following the issues with luggage, it became very evident that I do need to arrange new armour.

Now the current plan is to create some Aluminium legs with bryce (and probably vanbraces as well). But for the body, my thoughts have been for a long time to replace that carpet (12+ years and still travelling) with Lamellar.
Leather is out - requires too much care and maintenance (which lets face it isn't my strong point) and is also weighty.

I was looking at getting plastic lamellar (from: http://www.plasticlamellar.com/ ) or equivalent, but several people at Spring War suggested I would be better to get Titanium plates instead?

I would really appreciate any thoughts anyone has on this topic.

I guess I'll still need to make a gambeson (or have one made) to go with the lamellar?

Also - I'm entering Crown Tournament. And find myself looking at the tournament with a more serious air, knowing now that I actually have a chance, if in good form and having a good day, to win it.
And this leads me to thinking who would I lean on? Who would I learn from? And, do I have any plans?
Apart from my triumvirate of Pelicans (Evil Baron Alaine, Bliss & Hrothgar - which I must admit is a pretty good starting place) - who else would I lean on? Well - probably most of the Peers of the realm that I have befriended over the years.
All questions that have only just started to circle in my head - Again, I welcome any advice, although I suspect this sort of advice is better in a personal email or in person.

Anyhow, we'll see how it goes.

Regards for now.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home