Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Catching up

Hello all

Sorry - been quiet for a while so haven't written for a while (also curious if there are still many people reading this - feel free to leave a comment, especially if there is anything you want more info or pictures about).

so - let's see what's going on in my life.

I got a new job (with Origin Energy)- and quit my old one of 11+yrs with On-Call. One of the best moves forward I've had in a while.
I experienced a drop in salary of less than $2000 to move into a proper call centre (inbound only). Dealing with private individual clients now rather than companies, but in a much more professional way, in a professional environment, with more support networks than I can poke a stick at - and after less than 2 months I already feel that I belong (4 weeks of thorough training before I took my first call).
Better hours, better conditions and the pay is guaranteed to move forward being part of a big organisation that knows where it wants to go.

My LARP (Live Action Role-Playing) character, which died many months ago, was successfully resurrected, but at a price, his memories. More will follow about this online at the VIC LARP website - http://viclrp.org.au/viclrp/

We have a new Kitten, that has grown quite a bit but still has a whole lot to learn - some photos here soon.

SCA - I'm travelling to Spring War this weekend - the hammer strikes back (he he) - hoping the King will be there, as I haven't actually seen him since Midwinter.
Always a hoot, lots of fighting and great war stories afterwards over beers. With a breakfast so big, noone walks away hungary (and a few can't walk at all).
I'm also travelling to November Crown, where I will be fighting.

I just discovered last night, when re-reading the luggage changes that VIRGINBLUE have brought in, that after these next 2 flights, I may not be taking my armour by plane without spending a lot more money - BASTARDS.

Spent this morning destroying our side fence with a sledgehammer - quite fun actually. Then my neighbour finished it off during the day from the look of the pile of wood on the front lawn. Guy will be round on Friday/Saturday to install a new one.

Our TV died last friday morning - so in the evening we went out to buy a new one - and have gone from a 68cm CRT to a 105cm Plasma - Cool huh. Then I spent Sunday morning sorting out wires for it & the VCR (we were out on Saturday).

Home game D&D (Team Hanbal) - Set the party against 7 Trolls (down the road, attacking a courier who literally, never had a chance (they never saw his red shirt underwear). After the last major encounter, where they were so cautious I thought a chessboard was coming, this time they just charged on in. They have however rescued the couriers pouch and documents (which are actually orders for troops of an dark & menacing force - he he he).

Movies - Saw Journey to the Centre of the Earth - not bad, worth seeing on the big screen.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger We're French said...

Hey Hanbal, we still read your blog ... :).

Axel and Cornelia
now residing in the Kingdom of Meridies

2 October 2008 at 5:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home