Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Curse of the New Helmet

Geez, who would have thunk that a new helmet could be such a pain in the ass.

Went to Pennsic, got a new helmet & haven't had peace with it yet.



Having had a well padded helmet for so many years I had forgotten how hard it can be to pad a helmet just right. On Sunday last It was proven that I hadn't got it quite right yet.

So this Sunday - With Rowany Festival not far off, I have to get it right.

And of course there is the Gorget problems - which I think Rodrigo will finally have fixed up for me - thanks Rodrigo - as needed.

Some of the problems were more openness around the neck (additions to the Gorget should cover this) and a very different type of helmet to pad (having a visor that opens).


Any suggestions for padding a helmet happily heard.

Regards

Hanbal

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blue foam, cut a Donut of it.
Or doughnut, depending where you're from. Thats the LAST piece of foam. So, sticky tape the rectangles, and then, last piece, the donut. It should be taped too, but will allow your melon to have room while being padded...wish i could show you pix, but I gave that helm away. Celeste in Naples

8 June 2008 at 5:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've padded most of my armour with cut up foam camping mats attached with velcro, and the doughnut idea sounds good. I've also had some success using a beanie as padding for a helmet. Just make sure it's a thick beanie.

Steve the Australian.

1 October 2008 at 1:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home