Thursday, March 08, 2007

Italy is covered - excellent

Well - things continue & my excitment builds.

I have also had an offer for accommodation in Naples (which isn't too far south of Rome) so it looks like Naples (check out Rome and surrounds), Milan (check out Northern Italy & the feet of the Alps (excellent) then maybe to Venice (if available).

I still need to confirm Austria & Germany - I'll give it a few more days to see what emerges. I figure as long as I book flights before April I should be fine, so I'll go see the travel agent in 1-2 weeks from now.

Then in the UK I need to try & stop by Lindesfarne (was reminded that this would be a very good place to go), do some fighter training in the City of York (really excited by this - it just has a great feeling to it for someone from such a "young" country). Anyhow, I have an offer of accommodation on the border of Wales/England for a few nights & we'll see what happens.

Brought the Atlas home from work today.

Found where Pittsburgh & Pennsylvania are within the USA (I thought they were much further south).

Starting to think about my post Pennsic travels now that Europe is starting to come together.

So far Niagara falls (from the Canada side) & New York appear to be on the cards - nothing else that I can really think of so maybe I'll play it by ear (maybe I'll travel over to the West Kingdom & get to a fighter training).

Feel free to leave comments or send emails with suggestions / thoughts / ideas.

By for now.

Hanbal

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Hanbal,

Posting this comment in behalf of Anna von Silvenhain -- She wants me to tell you that she'll get in touch with you tonight about travels in Southern Germany, and if you feel like visiting the Nuremberg area, you're welcome to crash at our place.

(Personal note: Say "Yes, I'd love to come." If you're SCA, Nuremberg definitely rocks. And Anna is classy company.)

Cheers,

Freiherr Agilmar

9 March 2007 at 9:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S.--

July 13th -- 15th there will be the "Fürth Festival", big mundane party in the city over the weekend.

Our shire ("Turmstadt") usually practices Sunday afternoons; we have both fencing and heavy loaner armour available. (I second the other poster's idea of leaving your own armour at home.)

More info about European events: http://www.drachenwald.sca.org/calendar/

Cheers,

Agilmar

9 March 2007 at 9:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But how much of the Hockey season will you miss???

11 March 2007 at 10:30 pm  
Blogger Hanbal said...

Yes I'll miss the some of the Hockey season - but I'm about to discover that the world is a lot bigger than the Hockey field.

12 March 2007 at 6:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home